Mercuri Urval (Asia) Pte Ltd
(Search / Recruitment Firm)
Our client, Grundfos, is the world’s largest pump manufacturer, with annual production of more than 12 million pump units which are sold across the globe. Grundfos LIFELINK is the Grundfos Group’s first step into the so called BOP market: the four billion people in the world who live for less than two USD per day. A Grundfos LIFELINK’s water systems, which are designed on solar energy, provide safe drinking water to small communities, market places, hospitals, orphanages, and schools in rural areas around the world. Grundfos LIFELINK is business with a responsible approach, closely connected to Grundfos’ CSR policy. This business model creates value for both Grundfos and the local communities. With focus to serve Thailand and soon other South East Asian Markets, Grundfos LIFELINK wants to recruit its:
Business Development Manager (Bangkok)
Reporting to the Managing Director based in Denmark, the Business Development Manager will be in charge of the Thailand region in the beginning years followed by Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar.
The Business Development Manager will be taking care of the general advocacy of the Grundfos LIFELINK business concept to a variety of stakeholders, such as international finance institutions, government organizations, NGO’s, foundations and diverse corporations with a pro-water CSR profile. You will play the key role in identifying business opportunities in Thailand, reporting the business results to Denmark HQ, and advocating and communicating achievements back to the public and stakeholders.
- Business Development: Manage and develop business opportunities in Thailand.
- Strategic Planning: Conduct market studies and competitive situation to evaluate market potentials. Make recommendations based on these studies.
- Project Management: Secure funding of the projects, negotiate with potential partners to execute the business model. Coordinate with communities, service providers and business partners when preparing, installing and servicing the Grundfos LIFELINK installations (technical expertise is not expected).
- Budget and Reporting: Budget responsibility for the Grundfos LIFELINK business activity in Thailand and regular reporting to HQ.
- Marketing and Communication: Initiate baseline studies and post installation impact assessments for communities. Report achievements to the public and stakeholders, Engage with media and opinion leaders to promote Grundfos LIFELINK concept.
You have been in Business Development role for a minimum of 5 years working in projects within the developing world. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and is able to think ‘out of the box’ in order to identify business opportunities. Preferably coming from project sales background you may have dealt with water or agriculture. You must have gained some experience in raising finance through commercial/development banks. Some fundraising experience from MNCs within CSR perspective will be added experience. You have strong networking skills that you have been using internally and externally and are able to create trusting and lasting relationships at all levels.
- Key position requiring a mix of business drive, strategic thinking and entrepreneurial mindset
- Join a renowned group, global brand and an industrial leader
- Wider career growth opportunity and potential to manage the South Asia region
- Experience unique role combining business development and social responsibility
Please submit your application and CV (in MS Word format only with photograph) by going to available jobs section at www.mercuriurval.sg (Ref: SG-KKS-1527).
Please also indicate your salary expectation and earliest availability. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.