The ADB-Indonesia Resident Mission (IRM) was established to assist its Headquarters in the implementation of projects and programs, in project processing, country programming and economic and sector work. It also coordinates ADB’s activities with other resident diplomatic and donor missions, NGOs, academic institutions, local think tanks, private sector and other members of the civil society.
Description of Responsibilities
To provide analytical, statistical, and administrative support to the natural resource sector in general and the Water and Portfolio Management Units (PMU) in particular.
For more details about the position, visit www.adb.org/Employment/Local/default.asp
The position reports to the Country Director, PAU Head, and/or designated professional staff.
Selection Criteria, specific criteria include
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned at the required level
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or related field
- 5 years of experience in project design, construction, administration, and procurement; related experience in international agencies is preferable
- Good writing and speaking skills in English language are essential
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult and well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing data, and in preparing notes, papers and sections of reports
- Ability to establish and maintain productive contacts with Government officials, donor agencies, and executing agencies; good interpersonal and communication skills are desirable
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and graphic software used in ADB
- Familiarity with local languages and institutions
The Asian Development Bank’s vision is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and headquartered in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staffs come from over 50 member countries. The advertised position is a local staff position with a local remuneration package. It is open only to persons who are nationals and residents of Indonesia. The position is for a 3-year fixed term appointment. ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package applicable to local staff. While the position advertised is for the Indonesia Resident Mission, ADB staff may be required to serve in any location outside the Resident Mission at the discretion of Management.
Send application quoting Ref. No. EXT-AS-09-001IRM by 21 February 2009 to:
Indonesia Resident Mission Asian Development Bank Gedung SRI II, 7th Floor
JI, Jend, Sudirman Kay, 44-46 Jakarta 10210, Indonesia
P.O. Box 99 JKPSA, Jakarta 10350A, Indonesia
Fax: +62 21 251 2749 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gender and cultural diversity is a core recruitment value and women are actively encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of applications, ADB will not be able to respond to inquiries about application status and will only contact short listed candidates. Applications lacking the job reference number and job title or using the wrong e-mail address will not be considered.
Asian Development Bank
Fighting Poverty in Asia and The Pacific