The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is the private sector arm of the World Bank Group. IFC promotes sustainable private sector investment in developing countries as a way to reduce poverty and improve people’s lives. IFC offers investment products and advisory services to private sector and government clients. IFC in Indonesia combines investment and advisory services to expand access to finance, improve access to infrastructure, strengthen commodity based value chains, and improve the business climate, while addressing climate change across all programs.
IFC Office in Jakarta now is seeking to recruit: Agribusiness Development Specialist
As an element of the IFC Advisory Services in Indonesia, Agribusiness program focuses on sustainable supply chain development through IFC investee lead firms in a limited number of sub-sectors: Cocoa, coffee, horticulture, integrated poultry and palm. A key component of the program is to improve the incomes and living standards of rural households in Indonesia through closer integration by them with the commercial sector. The approach is not based primarily on commodities, but rather on identifying and working with lead firms in promising sectors. Scalable and replicable projects that increase the transparency and efficiency of linkages between smallholders and commercial markets will be developed and implemented.
- Conceptualize the approach for and prepare the internal proposal documents – including logic models, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, cost-benefit analysis – for projects targeted on private-sector led development of palm oil, horticulture, cocoa, coffee, feed and/or poultry.
- Identify programming opportunities, design the program, draft consultant terms of reference and develop budgets for projects.
- Ensure adherence to IFC’s pricing policy for conceptualized and implemented projects.
- Manage a portion of the Agribusiness team’s program activities and lead program team members to implement work programs related to projects in commodity sector development, including overseeing consultants engaged in relevant projects, to ensure high quality and cost efficient outcomes.
- Build on, and where practicable expand the range of IFC target lead firms, where necessary negotiating for developing collaboration, partnership, and/or IS/AS agreements, managing the relationship and ensuring high quality service delivery.
- Draw on the lessons and resources of IFC Facilities, as well as other relevant external initiatives.
- Identify key lessons learned to be shared with the wider IFC agribusiness team, and develop IFC SmartLessons and other internal knowledge management documents for relevant lessons.
- Develop networking opportunities between IFC regional offices and relevant partner organizations.
- Prepare a variety of written products and communications, including key components of major reports on project activities such as IFC’s internal Project Supervision Report (PSR) and Project Completion Report (PCR).
- Travel as necessary to support program and project design and development, and implementation.
- Accept ad-hoc tasks assigned by the Program Manager.
- A minimum ten years of relevant working experience.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field (Agriculture, Business, Commerce, Economics, etc.).
- Experience managing a project or program, including project set-up and exit.
- Excellent computer skills, with an emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong oral and written English skills, including ability to write and edit project/program documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build cooperative networks.
- Strong analytical skills and research abilities.
- Ability to anticipate and meet deadlines
- Ability and comfort working with limited supervision and to think independently.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, conduct research and analysis on difficult but well defined multiple tasks, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Proven ability to prepare proposals, concept papers and reports to a high-level of English proficiency.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is April 20, 2009.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No telephone calls, faxes or letters will be accepted.